Sunday, September 5, 2010

Seahorse Magic


I made it through one week of a painting a day!

My paintings have always been about what is going on in my life. Now that I am a mother and painter, my paintings are shaping themselves into paintings for children. Couldn't you see this in a baby's room or in a children's book? It's my new goal to help these happy paintings find themselves homes in such places.

I will post a link soon of some of my older works so that you can see how much my style has changed. Actually, it's not so much my style as much as the subject manner and in this case size of the paintings.

2 comments:

  1. I love this little guy. He has attitude! I saw an exhibit on sea horses and sea dragons years ago and it blew me away! The variety is mind boggling. Reminded me of Dr. Seuss characters. Congrats on making it through a week of daily painting. Isn't it fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow nice seahorse! Aren't those the stay at home dads of the ocean? It's amazing you did all this wonderful art while I was "sleeping"....

    ReplyDelete