Sunday, August 29, 2010

How It All Began . . .

Upon hearing about the painting a day project (based on Carol Marine’s workshop) from a friend and fellow artist, Layne Cook, I have decided to give it a go. Being an artist returning to my craft after a two year sabbatical since the birth of my son, I am both excited and challenged by this undertaking. What better way to get my hands “wet” so to speak than the constancy of creating a painting a day. I have been working as a graphic designer so shapes and designs are fresh on my palette, but there is something rich and direct about painting that my creativity has been craving. Wish me luck as I begin this journey. . . . The idea behind Dreamscapes is to create common items, animals and landscapes, as they would be in a dream with fancy colors and a wild imagination. I like to imagine my paintings are the reality a child would see in a dream.


The following painting, Cat in Magic Forest, that I created a few years back served as inspiration for Dreamscapes . . . 




No comments:

Post a Comment